The crocodile tour never fails to impress! You will explore the Rio Grande of Tarcoles, which happens to have the highest population of crocodiles in Costa Rica and one of the highest in the world, on a boat ride that you will always remember. Capture some stunning photos and enjoy views of the tropical rain forest!
You will have the opportunity to see some amazing crocodiles! They have been on the planet for more than two hundred million years and since they haven’t changed much over time, they are considered living dinosaurs. It’s also a great opportunity to see different kinds of birds, basilisks and iguanas in their natural environment. You will be accompanied by the boat captain and a bilingual tour guide, both willing to provide a lot of information about the fauna and flora of the river.
- Duration: around 2 hours of guided boat ride, approximately 3 hours from pick up to drop off.
- Days of operation: everyday. Email us to check availability.
- Hours of operation: 8 am, 10 am, 2 pm and 4 pm.
- Includes: bilingual guide, bottle of water and transportation and from the hotel.
- Price: 2 people, $60 per person. 4 people, $50 per person. Children from 5 to 12 years old, $30 each. Children under 4 years old, free. Also available to purchase without transportation for $35 per adult and $25 per child.
*Transportation included in the Jaco, Herradura, Villa Caletas area. Email us for pricing from different locations.