Manuel Antonio National Park has quite a reputation. As the smallest one in Costa Rica, it consists of 1,700 acres of land and over 130,000 acres of water. Don’t let the size fool you, it has been rated as one of 12 most beautiful national parks by Forbes in 2011 and is one of the most visited parks in the country with thousands of tourists coming every year.
In this tour, you’ll hike through the rain forest along 1.500 meters of easy-access trails in an estimated time of 2 – 2.5 hours. If you’re lucky you may have the chance to spot howler, cara blanca and titi monkeys, sloths, raccoons and frogs all while learning about their diet, habits, and many more facts about the variety of species that live there. The park can get very hot and crowded at times so patience, comfortable clothes and shoes are a must!
- Duration: approximately 6-7 hours from pick up to drop off. Approximately 1/2-2/2 hours of guided walk.
- Days of operation: the park is open to the public everyday but Mondays.
- Hours of operation: recommended 6 am pick up, approximately 1-2 pm drop off.
- Recommended to bring: light clothes (shorts, t-shirt), comfortable shoes (strap sandals or sneakers), swimwear, towel, sunscreen, bug spray, sunglasses, hats and camera. There is nothing for sale inside the park facilities so plan accordingly. A reusable water bottle and properly stored snacks are good options to pack. Keep your personal items in closed bags at all times, the monkeys and raccoons are extremely curious!
Option #1 (private).
- Price: 2 people, $150 per person.
- Includes: private roundtrip transportation, private certified bilingual tour guide at the park, entrance fees to the park.
Option #2 (semi-private).
- Price: 2 people, $125 per person.
- Includes: private roundtrip transportation, collective certified bilingual tour guide at the park, entrance fees to the park.
Email for us for pricing for larger groups.