Enjoy one of the wonders of Damas, 1 hour away from Jaco and 15 minutes before Manuel Antonio national park. The tour takes you on a boat ride (duration of the boat ride varies with the tides, from 1.5 to 2.5 hours) through a mangrove canal where animals such as white-faced monkeys, herons, different types of birds, snakes, small crocodiles and iguanas can be seen daily. The boat, designed for your safety and comfort, has a naturalist guide on board describing a variety of biological relationships between many organisms in this delicate habitat.
Depending on the start time (determined by the tides), your private driver will schedule a stop for lunch or drinks before or after your tour. Food or drinks not included.
- Duration: approximately 6 hours-7 hours. Approximately 1 1/2-2 hours of guided boat ride.
- Days of operation: every day. Email us to check availability.
- Hours of operation: the tour is scheduled around high tide, email us for details.
- Includes: entrance fees and bilingual tour guide at the monkey tour, roundtrip private transportation.
- Price: 2 people: $100 per person, 4 people $75 per person. Children under 6 years old, free. Children from 6 to 12 years old, $50 each. Also, available to purchase without transportation for $40 per person. Email us for pricing for larger groups.
Important note: All animals are in the wild, just like at Manuel Antonio national park. This is not a zoo so they are not trained or in cages. Due to this, there is never 100% guarantee of what you will/will not see. We must all realize that animals are unpredictable, they don’t always make an appearance or display like we would like them to.
*Transportation included in the Jaco, Herradura, Hermosa area. Transportation from Punta Leona or Villa Caletas can be provided at an extra cost, email us for pricing.