Experience the true meaning of ‘Pura Vida’ as this guided trip takes you to the rain forest in the hills above the Pacific Ocean to a majestic setting of pure Costa Rican natural harmony. We will take a 4×4 drive up the mountain over 1000’ to get to our private reserve. Your guide will stop along the way to point out interesting flora and fauna and the incredible views of the ocean and countryside.
After a short (5 minute) downhill hike we will start our adventure through the river. We will hike up the river using trails and bridges that criss-cross the river allowing us to enjoy the multiple smaller, interactive waterfalls and natural pools. There are 4 different swimming holes and many waterfalls to get under. These natural pools will invite you to swim in the fresh mountain spring water and submerge under the falls for an invigorating massage. For the more adventurous there are a couple of places you can jump into the pools from 4’ and up to 25’! At the last pool we will enjoy some fresh tropical fruit before the 10 minute hike back to the truck. During the entire tour we are totally surrounded by beautiful Costa Rica virgin rain forest.
- Hours of operation: 7 am or 1 pm.
- Duration: Approximately 4 hours from pick up to drop off.
- Difficulty: Medium.
- Price per person: $75. Minimum 2 people.
- Recommended to bring: Swimsuit under your clothes, ideally quick drying clothes and shoes that will stay on and will get wet. No flip flops!!! Slip on water shoes are great as they tend to grip well in the water. Tennis shoes and strap on sandals also are a good choice. Camera, water, bug spray and sunblock. A towel and a change of clothes if you like.
- Days of operation: Everyday. Email us to check availability.
- Includes: Bilingual guides, fruit snack and transportation to and from the hotel.
- Restrictions: No pregnant women, children 6+ are welcome. All waterfall tours include hiking and physical activity, please consider this before booking.
The dry season in Costa Rica usually starts around the end of November and ends in April-May. As a consequence, the water levels of rivers and waterfalls decrease noticeably due to the lack of rain during the months of February-May. If you are interested in booking waterfall tours during this period of time, please consider the change in the levels of water before making your final decision.
*Transportation included in the Jaco, Herradura area. Transportation from Hermosa, Esterillos, Punta Leona or Villa Caletas is not included in the price but can be provided at an extra cost, email us for pricing.