New and exclusive waterfall tour!
Located around 1 hour and 20 minutes from Herradura, we will arrive to the town of Caldera, Esparza, in the province of Puntarenas. Before heading to the falls, we will take a little detour to a local spot where monkeys are usually spotted really easily. They are used to the people so, if you are comfortable, they will even climb on you! This small rural town with unpaved roads and not much to do hides a jewel! Known by the locals as “The Charm”, this refreshing and inviting waterfall sits in the middle of the jungle as part of a private property owned by a humble local family. You can swim, hike, relax or even do some cliff jumping (optional).
The descent and return are steep but not extreme, you can get down and back to the top in approximately 5-10 minutes (each way). At times, sightings of howlers and white face monkeys can occur at the falls so keep your eyes open!
Once you’re done with the visit to the falls, you will make a stop for a typical costarrican lunch before heading back to the hotel.
With a choice of late morning departure, this trip is family and group friendly.
If you want to see what the real Costa Rica looks like, this is your chance to do that!
- Hours of operation: 8 am pick up advised.
- Duration: approximately 5+ hours from pick up to drop off.
- Difficulty: medium/easy. The hike is not long in duration but it is steep and you will be walking on river rocks as well.
- Recommended to bring: swimsuit under your clothes, ideally quick drying clothes and shoes that will stay on and will get wet. No flip flops!!! Slip on water shoes are great as they tend to grip well in the water. Tennis shoes and strap on sandals also are a good choice. Camera, water, bug spray and sunblock. A towel and a change of clothes if you like. If you are driving there yourself, a GPS is need it!
- Days of operation: everyday. Email us to check availability.
- Includes: bilingual guide, fruit snack, monkey stop, transportation to and from the hotel (within Jaco, Playa Hermosa and Herradura), sodas, water, fruit and lunch.
- Restrictions: no pregnant women, children 2+ are welcome. All waterfall tours include hiking and physical activity, please consider this before booking.
- Price: $125 per person, minimum 2 people with private roundtrip transportation included.
Important note: the tour is seasonal, available from May until late January/February.