You will be heading towards to the towns of Caldera and Esparza in the province of Puntarenas, around 1 hour and 20 minutes away from Herradura. Before visiting the falls, there will be a short detour to a local spot where monkeys are usually spotted. This small rural town hides a refreshing and inviting waterfall that sits in the middle of the jungle as part of a private property owned by a local family, known by the locals as “The Charm”. The descend and return are steep but not extreme, you can get down and back to the top in approximately 5-10 minutes (each way). At times, sightings of howlers and white face monkeys can occur so we advise to keep your eyes open! Once you’re done with the visit to the falls, you will make a stop at the Puente de las Damas river (always optional) and lastly you will enjoy a typical costarrican lunch. If you want to see what the real Costa Rica looks like, this is your chance to do that!
- Hours of operation: 8 am pick up advised.
- Duration: approximately 5-6+ hours from pick up to drop off.
- Difficulty: medium/hard. There is a good amount of walking and movement involved, the steps to/from the waterfall are very steep so this activity is not advised for people who may find this challenging. Please consider the physical condition of the participants before booking and during your tour.
- Restrictions: no pregnant women, children as young as 5 years can join the tour under the parents acknowledgement of the possible limitations and complications of outdoor activities with younger participants. All waterfall tours include hiking and physical activity, please consider this before booking and during the tour.
- Days of operation: everyday. Email us to check availability.
- Includes: private guide, monkey/river stop, waterfall entrance fees, lunch, private transportation.
- Price: $140 per person, minimum 2 people. Email us for pricing for 3+ people.
The tour is season, available from late May until late January.