Located around 1 hour and 20 minutes from Herradura, we will arrive to the town of Caldera, Esparza, in the province of Puntarenas. Before or after visiting the falls, we will take a little detour to a local spot where monkeys are usually spotted really easily. This small rural town with unpaved roads and not much to do hides a jewel! Known by the locals as “The Charm”, this refreshing and inviting waterfall sits in the middle of the jungle as part of a private property owned by a humble local family. You can swim, hike, relax or even do some cliff jumping (optional).
The descent and return are very steep but not extreme, you can get down and back to the top in approximately 5-10 minutes (each way). At times, sightings of howlers and white face monkeys can occur at the falls so keep your eyes open!
Once you’re done with the visit to the falls, you will make a stop for a typical costarrican lunch before heading back to the hotel.
With a choice of late morning departure, this trip is family and group friendly.
If you want to see what the real Costa Rica looks like, this is your chance to do that!
- Hours of operation: 8 am pick up advised.
- Duration: approximately 5+ hours from pick up to drop off.
- Difficulty: medium/easy. The hike is not long in duration but it is steep and you will be walking on river rocks as well.
- Days of operation: everyday. Email us to check availability.
- Includes: bilingual driver, monkey stop, transportation to and from the hotel (within Jaco, Playa Hermosa and Herradura) and lunch.
- Restrictions: no pregnant women, children 2+ are welcome. All waterfall tours include hiking and physical activity, please consider this before booking.
- Price: $125 per person, minimum 2 people with private roundtrip transportation included.
Important note: the tour is seasonal, available from May until late January.