Visit the University of Costa Rica guided by local biologists.
The Campus of the UCR is literally the backyard for the guides. They all study here and for many years they have explored this ecosystem. No wonder why it is one the best rated experiences in San José. In this 2 hours and half walk you will discover why everybody says THIS IS TRUE NATURE.
Located only a few minutes from downtown, is less likely that you will find any tourists, but there are big chances of spotting one or two sloths of the resident population at the Campus. Also the University counts with the only 2 Urban Reserves of San José, making it the best spot for birdwatching in the area. Not only that, but we have exclusive access to the Research Butterfly Farm.
- Runs everyday at 8am and 1:30pm.
- Guided by biologists with equipment (binoculars, laser)
- Price: $45 per person with no transportation included. If you need transportation, this can be arranged at an extra cost.
- Includes entrance fees to the butterfly farm and reserves.
- Private tours available. They can customized for birdwatching.