Once the sun sets in the Costa Rica rainforest, the jungle takes on a totally different character. It goes from a green, cathedral-like forest where beautiful shining blue morpho butterflies fly along small rivers, to a pitch-black jungle filled with the sounds of millions of insects, reptiles, frogs & toads!
According to studies, a large percentage of animal’s groups are mostly or exclusively active at night, especially when the sun goes down. This is known by photographers as the Bleu Hours, usually from 18:00 – 20:00 hours, depending on locations and altitudes. It’s the best time to find beautiful tree frogs, shy snakes and other rainforest creatures that only come out at night.
You will hike accompanied by a professional tour guide. The beautiful symphony of a tropical rainforest at night is one of the most exciting experiences. Turn off the lights, reserve this tour and just dedicate your attention to this unforgettable moment!
- Days of operation: everyday. Email us to check availability.
- Duration: approximately 2 ½ hours of guided hike.
- Hours of operation: 6 pm.
- Includes: tour guide, flashlights, entrance fees and roundtrip private transportation.
- Restrictions: NOT for the timid. This is not a zoo, it’s the real jungle at night. Snakes, scorpions, spiders and other creepy crawlies are common and this can be scary for some people. Please consider this before booking.
- Recommended to bring: hiking shoes, light clothing, raincoat, insect repellent, camera.
- Price: $125 per person for 2 people. $100 per person for 4 people. Also, available to purchase without transportation for $55 per person.