We will hike the trail through primary rain forest with striking viewpoints to the Pacific ocean and breathtaking mountain views. Bird and wildlife sightings are common including scarlet macaws, toucans, and white-faced capuchin monkeys.
After this you will be rewarded with the opportunity to behold the power and grandeur of one of the tallest waterfalls in all of Costa Rica.
Your guide will take you down into the river, and if you desire, to swim in its many natural pools and discover the other smaller falls. Relax and swim under the waterfalls for an invigorating energy rush! You and your guide will then hike back through the forest for the ride back to Jacó.
- Hours of operation: 7 am or 1 pm.
- Duration: approximately 5 hours from pick up to drop off.
- Difficulty: hard. Around 60 minutes going down to the falls and around 70/90 minutes going back up.
- Price: $115 per person. Minimum 2 people.
- Recommended to bring: swimsuit under your clothes, ideally quick drying clothes and shoes that will stay on and will get wet. No flip flops!!! Slip on water shoes are great as they tend to grip well in the water. Tennis shoes and strap on sandals also are a good choice. Camera, water, bug spray and sunblock. A towel and a change of clothes if you like.
- Days of operation: everyday. Email us to check availability.
- Includes: bilingual guides, fruit snack and transportation to and from the hotel.
- Restrictions: no pregnant women, children 6+ are welcome. All waterfall tours include hiking and physical activity, please consider this before booking.
The dry season in Costa Rica usually starts around the end of November and ends in April-May. As a consequence, the water levels of rivers and waterfalls decrease noticeably due to the lack of rain during the months of February-May. If you are interested in booking waterfall tours during this period of time, please consider the change in the levels of water before making your final decision.
*Transportation included in the Jaco, Herradura and Villa Caletas area. Transportation from Hermosa, Esterillos or Punta Leona is not included in the price but can be provided at an extra cost, email us for pricing.