If you are looking to experience the real culture, nature, and beauty of Costa Rica, this is a great choice!
The tour starts in the town of Las Monas with a 25-minute hike into the jungle where you will be learning about the nature around you.
The trip lasts around 2.5-3.5 hours (depending on how long you’ll like to swim in the natural pools). Once we get to the falls, you will get to swim in the natural pools or jump from the top of the waterfalls. On our way back you will have the pleasure to taste the local cuisine at La Casita del Sabor (The Home of Flavor).
The hike starts easy then gets a bit more difficult so this tour is not suited for people with a walking disability. From the start of the river to the 1st waterfalL, the distance is around 1km (15-20 minutes hike). After the first one, you will see new waterfalls every 50-100 meters.
- Price: $75 per person.
- Pick up: 8:00 am and 1:00 pm.
- Included: transportation, professional guide, water, fruits, lunch a typical lunch (rice, beans, salad, chicken, plantain and a natural drink).
- Duration: approximately 3 hrs total.
- What to bring: activewear, towels, sunscreen, tennis shoes, bathing suit, and a camera.
- Location: 10 minutes drive from Herradura or Jaco Beach.