The Naranjo River borders the Manuel Antonio National Park. It is a Class III/IV half day challenge for more experienced paddlers that runs from May-early December.
The Naranjo River drops steeply from the coastal mountain range above Quepos through a beautiful jungle gorge, and takes you on a wild ride to sea level, passing nearby farmlands and palm plantations. The river banks are overgrown with jungle and the canyon walls meet the water at 90 degree angles. The whitewater, jungle, canyon, and sky, make for an unforgettable day.
For the advanced rafter, this is an exciting and refreshing ride though the Naranjo canyon. As well, if you are a first time paddler who welcomes a challenge and is looking for the excitement of big waves, hydraulics and stunning scenery, then this whitewater rafting trip is for you! This section of river is approximately 7 miles long, and you will have a safety kayaker and photographer kayaker to accompany you on this adventurous rafting journey.
- Price: $79 per person without transportation. $149 per person with private transportation included from Los Sueños, Jaco & Hermosa. Prices are for 2 people, email us for pricing for groups of 3+ people.
- Includes: tour guides, equipment, snack, lunch. The photos of the trip are not included in the price but they are available for purchase at an additional cost.
- Days of operation: everyday.
- Hours of operation: 8 am or 1 pm.
- No passengers are allowed who have undergone recent surgery (heart, breast implants, spine, etc.)
- No pregnant women are allowed.
- People with existing conditions like high blood pressure or diabetes are at their own risk if they keep up with medical treatment.
- Only children over 8 years old can take part in out rafting tours.
- Only children over 12 years old can do the Upper Naranjo tour.
- The maximum weight per person is 275 pounds (125 kg).