Only 30 minutes away into the mountains from the Manuel Antonio / Quepos area, the Naranjo River offers an exhilarating, exploding section of white water. This river is the natural southern border of Manuel Antonio National Park. The section we run goes from the town of Villanueva in the mountains to the Llamarón Bridge on the road from Quepos to Dominical. On these 6 miles of whitewater we will run rapids like “La Piñata”, “El Cesar” & “Robin Hood”. On the second half of our run the river opens up on the Pacific flatlands giving us the opportunity to enjoy the view and see many species of birds like the Ringed King Fisher and the White Ibis. With a little bit of luck, we might be able to see one of the crocodiles that live on the river. Our trip starts at your hotel, where our minibus will pick you up and take you to the put in of the river, passing through the towns of Naranjito & Villanueva. Once there, our guides will gear you up and after our safety talk we will start our descent maneuvering the rapids of the mighty Naranjo River
- Price: $100 per person with transportation included, minimum 4 people.
- Days of operation: everyday.
- Hours of operation: 8 am or 1 pm.
- Recommended to bring: swimsuit and/or shorts of a quick drying material, towel, sun screen (spf-15 or higher), bug repellent, complete change of clothes. Rubber soled shoes that stay on and can get wet (Strap on sandals, tennis shoes or similar). Flip flops are not recommended. Professional photography is available for purchase.
- No passengers are allowed who have undergone recent surgery (heart, breast implants, spine, etc.)
- No pregnant women are allowed.
- People with existing conditions like high blood pressure or diabetes are at their own risk if they keep up with medical treatment.
- Only children over 8 years old can take part in out rafting tours.
- Only children over 12 years old can do the Upper Naranjo tour.
- The maximum weight per person is 275 pounds (125 kg).
The dry season in Costa Rica usually starts around the end of November and ends in April-May. As a consequence, the water levels of rivers and waterfalls decrease noticeably due to the lack of rain during the months of February-May. If you are interested in booking water tours during this period of time, please consider the change in the levels of water before making your final decision.