This is an all-day quest geared toward adrenaline junkies. It includes a drive South to the wild and rugged Osa area.
This is an ideal place, not only for those in search of tranquility and nature, but also for adventure and excitement lovers. The falls are a reference point for adventure ecotourism as they are recognized worldwide for their beauty.
The Nauyaca Waterfalls are located in a canyon approximately eighty meters wide. One of the falls is forty-five meters high in free fall and the other twenty meters high in stepped fall, forming at the foot of it, a pool of a thousand square meters and six meters deep. Then there are other natural pools of smaller size, which can be used for the enjoyment of the whole family.
Nauyaca Waterfalls in Costa Rica is the ideal place for lovers of nature and adventure where the tourist can expand! Walk, swim, climb, jump, take pictures and enjoy a wonderful day, in one of the most beautiful places beautiful of the pacific south of Costa Rica.
- Hours of operation: from 7 am till 4-5 pm.
- Difficulty: NOT for the timid!
- Price: $145 per person. Minimum 2 people.
- Recommended to bring: swimsuit under your clothes, ideally quick drying clothes and shoes that will stay on and will get wet. No flip flops!!! Slip on water shoes are great as they tend to grip well in the water. Tennis shoes and strap on sandals also are a good choice. Camera, water, bug spray and sunblock. A towel and a change of clothes if you like.
- Days of operation: everyday. Email us to check availability.
- Includes: bilingual guides, fruit snack, lunch and transportation to and from the hotel.
- Restrictions: no pregnant women, children 6+ are welcome. All waterfall tours include hiking and physical activity, please consider this before booking.
The dry season in Costa Rica usually starts around the end of November and ends in April-May. As a consequence, the water levels of rivers and waterfalls decrease noticeably due to the lack of rain during the months of February-May. If you are interested in booking waterfall tours during this period of time, please consider the change in the levels of water before making your final decision.
*Transportation included in the Jaco, Herradura, Hermosa, Esterillos area. Transportation from Punta Leona or Villa Caletas is not included in the price but can be provided at an extra cost, email us for pricing.