Playa Fantasia is an isolated beach located just forty minutes from Jaco, accessible only by boat. Our tours and charters are truly visiting a beach that very few people have visited – a hidden gem. The place is also a perfect destination for weddings, receptions and rehearsal dinners. It is semi-private and the beauty of the natural beach is unmatched by any other destination.
Our catamaran tour board directly from the beach of Los Suenos Marriot, a short ten-minute drive from Jaco Costa Rica and twenty minutes from Playa Hermosa. All our tours, open and private, have a personal chef that prepares the lunch and snacks at the beach. There is no electricity here, all our food is prepared using an authentic charcoal fire. Our pina coladas, margaritas and mojitos are prepared fresh using fresh ingredients – no mixes! Playa Fantasia has several features such as a hammock area, rustic seating area, volleyball nets, washroom and rustic beach loungers.
There are 3 families of monkeys that travel through the area, scarlet macaws that sometimes eat off the almond trees and white nose coatis. We also have domestic animals that we have rescued and have rehabilitated them with the help of our clients.
During our winter months from May 15th – Dec 15th we operate our sunset tours from 11 am to 4 pm, to avoid the rain.
After Dec 15th, we operate our sunset tours from 1:30 pm to 6 pm.
Available Wednesday, Friday and Sunday.
Our open tours are approximately 4 1/2-5 hours long.
- Snorkel gear
- Boogie boards
- Light lunch: chicken and Spanish mackerel kebobs with cucumber salad and pita.
- Open bar: beers, sodas, waters, margaritas, pina coladas, mojitos, tico locos*
- 50 ft catamaran with captain, hostess and crew.
- Shared roundtrip transportation from hotels and houses in Jaco and Playa Hermosa. Please contact us for transportation outside these areas.
- Access to our secluded beach Playa Fantasia.
- Our charters are not recommended for guests with limited mobility due to uneven surfaces and boarding from tenders.
- Our charters are not booze cruises, safety is our number one priority. If you are looking for a booze cruise, you will be disappointed.
- Our crew reserves the right to refuse entry without refund to guests who are intoxicated or show signs of intoxication.
- We reserve the right to stop serving alcohol if it is affecting the safety of the crew, boat or passengers.
- Lunch will be served at around 3 pm, we recommend eating prior to boarding.
- Although there are shaded areas on board, please prepare to spend the majority of your trip in direct or indirect sunlight.
- We do not cancel our trips due to rain, in the event of cancellation you will be given an alternative date or full refund.
What to bring:
- Biodegradable sunscreen (aerosol sprays are not permitted on board).
- Long pants or dresses are not recommended.
- Rain jacket (winter months).
- A dry bag is highly recommended for all electronics.
- $121 per adult.
- $110 per child. This price applies for ages 4-9.
- Children under 3 years old can join the tour free of charge.