We will start the day with taking you on a 45 minutes boat ride along the coast with breathtaking views of the Pacific Ocean on the right and the beautiful landscape of the Nicoya Peninsula. During the boat ride you could be able to see dolphins, manta rays, turtles or if you are lucky you can even enjoy watching humpback & pilot whales!
Once we get to the paradisiacal Tortuga Island, we will anchor our boat next to the best points for snorkeling. The volcanic rock reef is surrounded by crystalline waters and home of angelfish, porcupine fish, morays, needlefish, spotted eagle rays and many more tropical beauties.
Our fleet of boats are powered by twin 200hp & 250hp top line electronic Suzuki gasoline engines. All safety equipment (life vests, compass, GPS, radio, fire extinguishers) is on board and all the permits and proper insurance are up to date.
- Duration: approximately 7 hours from pick up to drop off.
- Recommended to bring: swimsuit under your clothes, ideally quick drying clothes and shoes that will stay on and will get wet. Slip on water shoes are great as they tend to grip well in the water, sunblock, towels, extra cash for souvenir shop, kayak, beach chairs or banana boat rentals and a change of clothes and shoes if you like.
- Hours of operation: leaving at 8:30 am from Herradura, you can expect to be back at around 3:30 pm.
- Includes: fruits, lunch, alcoholic beverages (beers and cocktails), waters, sodas, snorkeling equipment, captain, bilingual guide and cook. Transportation from Jaco downtown and Los Sueños is also included in the price.
- Price: $1600 for up to 8 people. Email us for pricing on larger groups (we have boats that can take up to 38 people).