Get ready for some serious fun in a narrow canyon!
Exploding from the hills, just 35 minutes’ northeast from the Quepos / Manuel Antonio area, breathes the start Costa Rica’s best commercial run. Chorro section starts in the mountain village of Esquipulas. Our route carves deep into the river’s exposed bedrock, making this thrilling section of the Naranjo River an exception to the geological youth of Costa Rica. This 3km canyon delights the adventure seeker with fun drops and steep runs through 12 technical narrows. Be ready to bounce and squeeze through the gorge’s tight rock walls, maneuver and carve around massive boulders and bends, and sweep down drops through challenging unforgettable chutes. Within the 2-mile stretch we will tackle rapids such as, “Tail of the Dragon”, “Chorro”, “Asteric” & “Obelisc”. Between runs we can witness untouched tropical forest yielding various species of birds such as the Chestnut Mandible Toucan, Aracaris, and several kinds of Kingfishers. This unique yet challenging opportunity offers a firsthand look at Costa Rica’s bountiful nature and dominating rivers. Enjoy the rush!!
- Price: $90 per person.
- Days of operation: everyday.
- Hours of operation: 8 am or 1 pm.
- Recommended to bring: swimsuit and/or shorts of a quick drying material, towel, sun screen (spf-15 or higher), bug repellent, complete change of clothes. Rubber soled shoes that stay on and can get wet (Strap on sandals, tennis shoes or similar). Flip flops are not recommended. Professional photography is available for purchase.
- No passengers are allowed who have undergone recent surgery (heart, breast implants, spine, etc.)
- No pregnant women are allowed.
- People with existing conditions like high blood pressure or diabetes are at their own risk if they keep up with medical treatment.
- Only children over 8 years old can take part in out rafting tours.
- Only children over 12 years old can do the Upper Naranjo tour.
- The maximum weight per person is 275 pounds (125 kg).
The dry season in Costa Rica usually starts around the end of November and ends in April-May. As a consequence, the water levels of rivers and waterfalls decrease noticeably due to the lack of rain during the months of February-May. If you are interested in booking waterf tours during this period of time, please consider the change in the levels of water before making your final decision.
Transportation not included but can be provided at an extra cost. The cost of transportation is based in the number of people and the place of departure.