Los Campesinos, a cultural and nature-rich experience to a unique place off the beaten path, getting in touch with the real meaning of Pura Vida!
- Waterfalls Los Campesinos (Quebrada Arroyo)
If you want to escape from the beaten path, getting in touch with the origins of human being, bathing in natural pools, experiencing waterfalls and an impressive suspension bridge, then you have to visit the eco-project “Los Campesinos” which is located 40 minutes away from Manuel Antonio. A true costa rican paradise experience, travelling through quaint Tico villages with flora and fauna to be captured on camera and to relive in your memories after you leave Costa Rica.
After swimming and walking through the lush rainforest you will feel hungry! The icing on the cake is the typical lunch (the most delicious in the world!) with the farmer family who was responsible for the projects development. They have a useful tropical garden with plenty of precious medical plants they can present you.
The “sugarcane-trapiche” is a nice way to say goodbye after all.
An authentic, pure and educational experience, getting reminded of our origins.
By visiting the eco-Project in the mountain side you support the costa rican farmer families.
The visit at this eco-project benefits the farmer familys while taking our tour.
- Hours of operation: 8 am and 2 pm.
- pick up from Los Suenos 1:20 hour before the tour.
- Duration: approximately 6 hours from pick up to drop off.
- Difficulty: medium. The hike is not long in duration but there is walking on rocks and very steep steps involved.
- Recommended to bring: swimsuit under your clothes, ideally quick drying clothes and shoes that will stay on and will get wet. No flip flops!!! Slip on water shoes are great as they tend to grip well in the water. Tennis shoes and strap on sandals also are a good choice. Camera, water, bug spray and sunblock. A towel and a change of clothes if you like. If you are driving there yourself, a GPS is need it!
- Days of operation: everyday. Email us to check availability.
- Includes: bilingual guide, park fees & lunch.
- Restrictions: no pregnant women, children 2+ are welcome. All waterfall tours include hiking and physical activity, please consider this before booking.
- Price: $85 per person.
- Roundtrip transportation can be included for an extra cost.