Your best day in Costa Rica – Rappel & Raft!
Arenal COMBO Canyoning Lost Canyon & Rafting Rio Balsa
Get a perfect taste of the mountainside wilds around the Arenal Volcano in one crazy fun combo of two exciting sports: waterfall rappelling and whitewater rafting. You will be guided by professional guides and be provided with the highest quality safety equipment. All you have to do is sit back, relax, and prepare yourself for the adventure of a lifetime!
You’re visiting beautiful biodiverse Costa Rica and itching for adventure in the country’s rich wilderness? We have come up with ultimate duo that mixes extreme adventure with a chance to immerse yourself in the beauty of nature… Because, really: what’s better to get your adrenaline pumping and your eyes feasting on breathtaking views than a morning rappelling down pounding waterfalls in the pristine Lost Canyon?
Your exciting canyoning tour is followed by a whitewater rafting ride like no other! Get the best whitewater and wildlife on the best Arenal rafting trip in Costa Rica!
Welcome to the Mambo Combo Rappel & Raft! — the top adventure tour in Costa Rica for anyone seeking thrills in the environs of the mighty Arenal Volcano!
- Spend the morning rappeling down pounding waterfalls that are up to 200 feet high. Feel like a tropical bird while free-falling. Laugh and squeal as loud as you want while jumping into pools of the Lost Canyon’s pure water. La Fortuna canoyning at its best!
- Indulge in river tracing along the canyon, down-climbing the canyon walls and scrambling over river boulders through what we call “mother nature’s obstacle course”
- Trek briefly up through the rainforest to refuel with a light early lunch or late breakfast at the Canyon House
- Take in the gorgeous mountainside flora and fauna during the Desafio Jungle Limo ride to the Rio Balsa
- Hold on tight for the thrilling Class 2 and 3 rapids of Rio Balsa – considered one of the top rivers for rafting in Costa Rica!
- Now you can brag to your freinds that you’ve been rafting AND canyoning in Costa Rica!
- Dig in to a Costa Rican style lunch at an authentic rural restaurant
- Head back to your hotel in our air-conditioned vans with FREE WiFi
Be sure to check out our Frequently Asked Questions for Canyoning and Rafting in Costa Rica if you’d like to learn more about our tours:
- Transport to/from your hotel and activities
- The best rafting and canyoneering guides in Costa Rica
- High quality safety gear
- Tropical fruit break
- Delicious lunch
- Lots of adventure!
- 13-60 YEARS
- 8 Hrs
WHAT TO BRING
- Secure shoes
- Clothes to get wet in
- A change of clothes for after the rafting tour
- An appetite for adventure
- 2 Min
We have created these fun COMBO tours to help you economize time and money on your vacation – we will coordinate your tour pick-ups and drop-offs and in some COMBOS, you may have a short break back at your hotel to take a breather before the next tour. Please keep your itinerary with you so you are aware of your COMBO logistics.
For reasons beyond our control (climate, river levels, etc.), we may change to a more-suitable tour with an equal or similar adventure-appeal or offer other tour options so you don`t miss out on a fun day in Costa Rica. We reserve the right to cancel a trip due to unfavorable conditions & will only run a tour according to our policies. Full refund is given if (on rare occasion) no tour is run. This adventure involves some inherent risk and physical exertion, so you must be in good physical condition!
While the recommended weight limit for our canyoneering (rappelling) tour and most zip line tours is 220 lbs (100 kilos) it’s more about waist size than weight as the ropes (canyoneering) and cables (zip lines) are rated for well over 220 lbs but the maximum waist size for the harnesses used for these tours is 42 inches. So if you are a little over 220 lbs but your waist is less than 42 inches you can still do these tours.