First, you will visit the beachside town of Caldera in the province of Puntarenas, where you will make a brief stop at a private property where a few families of capuchin monkeys are usually spotted. If you are lucky, you may encounter some that are very friendly.
Right after the monkey spot, you will start heading towards the town of Esparza where you will enjoy a refreshing waterfall operated by a humble local family. The descend and return to the falls is steep but not extreme, you can get down and back to the top in approximately 5-10 minutes (each way).
Once you’re done with the visit to the falls, your driver will head over to a local restaurant where you can feast with a typical costarrican lunch.
After lunch, you can visit Poza Blanca, a river pool featuring mud that is rich in minerals. You can apply this mud all over your skin, let it dry and rinse it off for a rejuvenating treatment.
Discover great scenic beauty and the relaxing murmur of the flowing water in a day that will allow you to be in direct contact with nature, breathing fresh air!
- Hours of operation: 8:30 am pick up advised.
- Duration: approximately 5-6+ hours from pick up to drop off.
- Difficulty: medium/hard. There is a good amount of walking and movement involved, the steps to/from the waterfall are very steep so this activity is not advised for people who may find this challenging. Please consider the physical condition of the participants before booking and during your tour.
- Restrictions: no pregnant women, children as young as 5 years can join the tour under the parents acknowledgement of the possible limitations and complications of outdoor activities with younger participants. All waterfall tours include hiking and physical activity, please consider this before booking and during the tour.
- Days of operation: everyday. Email us to check availability.
- Includes: private guide, monkey/river stop, waterfall entrance fees, lunch, private transportation.
- Price: $140 per person, minimum 2 people. Email us for pricing for 3+ people.
This tour is seasonal, available from late May until late January.