Enjoy the real Costa Rica with this adventure!
First, you will visit the beachside town of Caldera in the province of Puntarenas, where you will make a brief stop at a private property where a few families of capuchin monkeys are usually spotted. If you are lucky, you may encounter some that are very friendly.
Right after the monkey experience, you will start heading towards the town of San Mateo in the province of Alajuela, where the refreshing Machuca river offers a natural pool with mud that is rich in minerals. You can apply this mud all over your skin, let it dry and rinse it off for a rejuvenating treatment.
Once you’re done with the river visit, your driver will head over to a local restaurant where you can feast with a typical costarrican lunch.
Discover great scenic beauty and the relaxing murmur of the flowing water in a day that will allow you to be in direct contact with nature, breathing fresh air!
- Hours of operation: 8:30 am pick-up recommended.
- Duration: approximately 6+ hours from pick-up to drop-off.
- Difficulty: medium/hard. The descend and return to the falls is steep and involves 185 steps but it is not extreme, you can get down and back to the top in approximately 5-10 minutes (each way).
- Days of operation: everyday. Email us to check availability.
- Includes: bilingual driver/guide, monkey stop, river visit, waterfall visit, lunch, snacks, private transportation.
- Price: $150 per person for 2 people. $135 per person for groups of 3+ people.