Rich in minerals, for a rejuvenating treatment on your body, you can use the mud, which works just like a spa body masque. When the mud dries, you can wash it in the waters of the river.
Beautiful and relaxing, enjoy great scenic beauty, fresh air and the relaxing murmur of the Machuca River as well as the chirping and singing of birds. You will be in direct contact with nature, breathing fresh air, enjoying the summer heat and the cool river breeze. you will be able to admire multicolored macaws (scarlet, red and green), pacas or tepezcuintles and white-tailed deer. This last species has been the symbol of Costa Rica’s fauna since 1995.
- Hours of operation: 8 am pick up advised.
- Duration: approximately 5+ hours from pick up to drop off.
- Difficulty: medium/easy. The hike is not long in duration but it is steep and you will be walking on river rocks as well.
- Days of operation: everyday. Email us to check availability.
- Includes: bilingual driver, monkey stop, transportation to and from the hotel (within Jaco, Playa Hermosa and Herradura) and lunch.
- Restrictions: children 2+ are welcome. tours include hiking and physical activity, please consider this before booking.
- Price: $140 per person, minimum 2 people with private roundtrip transportation included.
Monkey experience is included on this tour.