First, you will visit the beachside town of Caldera in the province of Puntarenas, where you will make a brief stop at a private property where a few families of capuchin monkeys are usually spotted. If you are lucky, you may encounter some that are very friendly.
Right after the monkey spot, you will start heading towards the town of Esparza where you will enjoy a refreshing waterfall operated by a humble local family. The descend and return to the falls is steep but not extreme, you can get down and back to the top in approximately 5-10 minutes (each way).
Once you’re done with the visit to the falls, your driver will head over to a local restaurant where you can feast with a typical costarrican lunch.
- Hours of operation: 7:30 am pick-up recommended.
- Duration: approximately 6+ hours from pick-up to drop-off.
- Difficulty: medium/hard. The descend and return to the falls is steep and involves 185 steps but it is not extreme, you can get down and back to the top in approximately 5-10 minutes (each way).
- Days of operation: everyday. Email us to check availability.
- Includes: bilingual driver/guide, waterfall visit, lunch, private transportation.
- Price: $170 per person for 2 people. Email us for pricing for groups of 3+ people.