For the adventuresome beginner and experienced rafter the Class II and III rapids will have you filled with adrenaline as you paddle hard over the waves. Along the way you will be astounded by the awesome canyons, waterfalls, and primary rainforest of Costa Rica. The Savegre River is a magnificent stretch of whitewater that begins its course by winding out of a sparsely inhabited valley in the mountains. Named one of the most pristine rivers in Central America, the Savegre River is full of incredible scenery at every turn. One of the highlights of this trip is the midway stop at a waterfall tucked into the jungle close to the river edge, here you will get to swim under a waterfall and enjoy a delicious snack before embarking on the remainder of your rafting excursion. We are able to run this river year-round making it an excellent option no matter when you choose to visit beautiful Costa Rica!
- Price: $115 per person without transportation. $185 per person with private transportation included from Los Sueños, Jaco & Hermosa. Prices are for 2 people, email us for pricing for groups of 3+ people.
- Includes: tour guides, equipment, snack, lunch. The photos of the trip are not included in the price but they are available for purchase at an additional cost.
- Days of operation: everyday.
- Hours of operation: 8:00 am or 12:00 md.
- No passengers are allowed who have undergone recent surgery (heart, breast implants, spine, etc.)
- No pregnant women are allowed.
- People with existing conditions like high blood pressure or diabetes are at their own risk if they keep up with medical treatment.
- Only children over 8 years old can take part in rafting tours.
- Only children over 12 years old can do the Upper Naranjo tour.
- The maximum weight per person is 275 pounds (125 kg).
All participants must be in a state of physical, mental and social well-being, must be comfortable with the possibility of swimming in turbulent waters and must be able to handle rough environments and terrains.