Pikotravel offers private transportation for your day trip to La Paz waterfall gardens!
La Paz Waterfall Gardens
This is primarily a self-guided tour allowing visitors to proceed directly to their areas of interest. You’ll walk along a forested trail that leads to the spectacular waterfalls. This area is between 4,000 and 5,000 ft., which allows for the coexistence of both a rainforest and cloud forest. Enjoy colorful flowers and beautiful birds as you walk along the trails. The La Paz Waterfalls are large and powerful—and make for great photos. While here you will also have the opportunity to visit the hummingbird garden, serpentarium, bird house, butterfly garden, and frog exhibit.
The Jungle Cats exhibit is another attraction at La Paz Waterfalls Garden. The Jungle Cats stay in captivity because they cannot be released back into the wild – most of them were old, injured or were exposed to humans for too long.
- Price: $230 for private roundtrip transportation only for up to 4 people. Every extra person above 5 pays $15.
- Days of operation: everyday. Email us to check availability.
- Duration: approximately 6-8 hours from pickup to drop off.
- Recommended to bring: pants, jacket, comfortable shoes (sneakers, no flip flops!), sunscreen, bug spray, camera, umbrella or rain coat. The weather can change very fast so we strongly recommend to be prepared for the cold and the rain.
- Restrictions: not recommended for people with knee or leg problems as there’s hiking involve. Families with children are welcome but this is not the best activity for small children.
- Includes: private transportation to and from the hotel. Entrance fees to the park and lunch are not included in the price.
The entrance fees at La Paz start at around $48 per adult and $32 per child. Delicious top rated buffet available from 11 am to 4 pm as an add-on for $14 – $8 per person. Includes multiple selections of traditional Costa Rican dishes, full salad bar, pizza, garlic bread, french fries, fresh fruits, rice pudding and unlimited fresh fruit juice, coffee and tea. You can check their site here: http://www.waterfallgardens.com/index.php
Important note on weather conditions:
Pikotravel DOES NOT control the weather and there is no way of knowing how the conditions will be once you arrive on site as this can literally change in minutes. The weather may be clear or extremely rainy and cold the day of your visit and considering that this is the rain forest, fog is also common. Please consider this before making your reservation and during your tour.