Pikotravel offers private transportation for your day trip to La Paz waterfall gardens!
La Paz Waterfall Gardens
This is primarily a self-guided tour allowing visitors to proceed directly to their areas of interest. You’ll walk along a forested trail that leads to the spectacular waterfalls. This area is between 4,000 and 5,000 ft., which allows for the coexistence of both a rainforest and cloud forest. Enjoy colorful flowers and beautiful birds as you walk along the trails. The La Paz Waterfalls are large and powerful—and make for great photos. While here you will also have the opportunity to visit the hummingbird garden, serpentarium, bird house, butterfly garden, and frog exhibit.
The Jungle Cats exhibit is another attraction at La Paz Waterfalls Garden. The Jungle Cats stay in captivity because they cannot be released back into the wild – most of them were old, injured or were exposed to humans for too long.
- Price: $250 for private roundtrip transportation only for up to 4 people. Every extra person above 4 pays $20. Entrance fees to La Paz start at $48 per adult and $32 per child. Lunch available as an add-on for $14 – $8 per person at the La Paz buffet.
- Days of operation: everyday. Email us to check availability.
- Duration: approximately 6-8 hours from pickup to drop off.
- What to bring: pants, jacket, comfortable shoes (sneakers, no flip flops!), sunscreen, bug spray, camera, umbrella or raincoat. The weather can change very fast so we strongly recommend to be prepared for the cold and the rain.
- Restrictions: not recommended for people with walking difficulties as there’s hiking and steps involve. Families with children are welcomed but this is not the best activity for children who are too young or may be affected by the rapidly changing weather.
- Includes: private transportation to and from the hotel. Entrance fees to the park and lunch are not included in the price.
Important informartion about prices and weather conditions:
The entrance fees at La Paz start at around $48 per adult and $32 per child. Delicious top rated buffet available from 11 am to 4 pm as an add-on for $14 – $8 per person. Includes multiple selections of traditional Costa Rican dishes, full salad bar, pizza, garlic bread, french fries, fresh fruits, rice pudding and unlimited fresh fruit juice, coffee and tea. You can check their site here: http://www.waterfallgardens.com/index.php
Pikotravel cannot control or predict the weather so there is no way of knowing how this will unfold until you arrive on site. Conditions vary from sunny and clear to rainy and foggy, really quickly. Please consider this before making your reservation and during your tour.