Manuel Antonio National Park has quite a reputation. As the smallest one in Costa Rica, it consists of 1,700 acres of land and over 130,000 acres of water. Don’t let the size fool you, it was rated as one of 12 most beautiful national parks in the world by Forbes in 2011 and it is one of the most visited parks in the country.
In this tour, you’ll hike through the rain forest along 1.500 meters of easy-access trails in an estimated time of 2 – 2.5 hours. If you’re lucky you may have the chance to spot howlers, cara blanca and titi monkeys, sloths, raccoons and frogs all while learning about their diet, habits, and many more facts about the variety of species that live there.
- Duration: approximately 6 hours-7 hours. The guided hike at the park is 2+ hours long.
- Days of operation: the park is open everyday but Tuesday’s.
- Hours of operation: recommended 7 am pick up, approximately 2-3 pm drop off.
- Includes: entrance fees, private tour guide at the park, private roundtrip transportation. Food is not included in the price but a lunch stop is contemplated in the time frame.
- Price: $170 per person for 2 people. $135 per person for groups of 3 or more people. Children under 12 years old, $75 each. Children under 6 years old, free. Also available to purchase without transportation for $65 per person on collective tours of $80 per person on private tours.
- All animals are in the wild, this is not a zoo and they are not trained so there is never 100% guarantee of what you will or will not see.
- The park can get hot and crowded so patience, comfortable clothes and shoes are a must!
- Transportation included in the area of Jaco, Herradura and Playa Hermosa. Transportation from Punta Leona or Villa Caletas can be provided at an extra cost, email us for pricing.