Enjoy one of the wonders of Damas, 1 hour away from Jaco and 15 minutes before Manuel Antonio national park. The tour takes you on a boat ride (duration of the boat ride varies with the tides, from 1.5 to 2.5 hours) through a mangrove canal where animals such as white-faced monkeys, herons, different types of birds, snakes, small crocodiles and iguanas can be seen daily. The boat, designed for your safety and comfort, has a naturalist guide on board describing a variety of biological relationships between many organisms in this delicate habitat. Depending on the start time (determined by the tides), your private driver can schedule a stop for lunch or drinks before or after your tour. Food or drinks are not included.
- Duration: approximately 1 ½ -2 hours of guided boat ride.
- Days of operation: everyday.
- Hours of operation: the tour is scheduled around high tide, email us for details.
- Includes: entrance fees and bilingual tour guide at the monkey tour, roundtrip private transportation.
- Price: $120 per person for 2 people. $100 per person for groups of 3 or more people. Children under 12 years old, $75 each. Children under 6 years old, free. Also available to purchase without transportation for $50 per person.
Important note: all animals are in the wild, this is not a zoo and they are not trained. Just like at Manuel Antonio national park there is never 100% guarantee of what you will or will not see.
Transportation is included in the area of Jaco, Herradura and Playa Hermosa. Email us for pricing from different locations.