The tour takes you on a boat ride (duration of the boat ride varies with the tides, from 1.5 to 2.5 hours)
The Night tour in the mangrove forest is one of the most vital and amazing ecosystems in the world.
Covering thousands of acres of protected forest, this incredible environment is home to an abundance of birds, reptiles, mammals, and insects. Approximately 70% of its wildlife is nocturnal, a fact that has made the Night Mangrove Tour one of our most fascinating adventures.
Our professional team will take you on a unique exploration of the mangroves in search of crocodiles, turtles, boas, lizards, bats, birds, crabs, raccoons, anteaters, sloths and more. You will be transported safely through the mangrove channels in our fully equipped boat (there will be no hiking on this tour).
Discover and enjoy some of the most amazing wonders and secrets of this incredible ecosystem.
This tour is recommended for all ages.
- Duration: approximately 1 ½ -2 hours of guided boat ride.
- Days of operation: everyday.
- Hours of operation: the tour is scheduled around high tide, email us for details.
- Includes: entrance fees and bilingual tour guide at tour, roundtrip private transportation.
- Price: $160 per person for 2 people. $100 per person for groups of 3 or more people. Children under 12 years old, $75 each. Children under 6 years old, free. Also available to purchase without transportation for $50 per person.
Important note: all animals are in the wild, this is not a zoo and they are not trained. Just like at Manuel Antonio national park there is never 100% guarantee of what you will or will not see.
Transportation is included in the area of Jaco, Herradura and Playa Hermosa. Email us for pricing from different locations.