The park has the only transitional forest of the Central Pacific, which produces a diversity of flora and fauna, where species from dry and humid forests converge. It features 480 species of plants among trees and shrubs, 124 species of reptiles, 112 species of mammals, 62 species of amphibians and 420 species of birds, making it one of the most important sites in CR for the observation of birds in their natural state.
- Length of tour: around 2 hours of guided hike plus driving time. Carara is located around 30 minutes away from Jaco-Los Sueños.
- Times available: there are guided tours at various times of the day but availability varies daily, please email us for specific times on your dates.
- Includes: park entrance fee, private transportation, bilingual guide at the park.
- What to bring: comfortable clothes, walking shoes, sun block, insect repellent, hat, camera and binoculars.
- Price: $115 per person for 2-3 people. $100 per person for groups of 4+ people.
This tour can be combined with the crocodile tour the same day. Email us for pricing.